Solo Piano Lessons
- Once-a-week Lessons with Recorded Assignments.
- Daily Piano Practise is compulsory:
- 5 days practise with 2 non-consecutive holiday/s each week is good.
- Practise holidays are good and a weekend holiday each month is recommended.
- Mini Practise Sessions on busy days will help you keep the learning going so you pick up quick when your schedule settles.
- View the Studio Calendar Working Days for April-September 2023. Please note that Teacher Leave of up to 2 weeks per annum is not updated in this calendar.
These are lessons with Two Students Per Lesson, without Recorded Assignments, and suit students who like slower-paced teaching and enjoy having a partner in learning.
- Print all books, charge devices, and set up in advance for online lessons.
- Practise daily and upload your homework for assessment.
- Keep the lesson room quiet and organize to minimize disturbances.
- Get comfortable using gmail, google drive and google calendar for lesson schedules, studio events and announcements, and to upload assignments.
All children will need parent assistance during online lessons and will get more independent as they get older.
- Video Lessons are a great option for when students can’t be present at their lesson.
- There are no Make-Up’s for lessons missed by the student.
- Lessons missed by me will be made up or refunded.
A fixed lesson schedule gives me time to study and improve the quality of my teaching. And gives you time to plan vacations and family activities, as well as adequate practise time between lessons.
- Student information is confidential.
- Videos and images uploaded in the HW folder are private and are used only for teaching.
- Videos and images submitted for publishing on social media may be done with a profile view or at a camera angle that protects privacy and need to be uploaded into the students Social Media Submission folder.
- Videos and images of Studio Events are emailed to all student families.
- These rules apply to all studio events unless they are public events.
- Examinations are optional and students may choose to study with or without them.
- Students may choose to appear for piano exams through Trinity College London, ABRSM or LCM. Online examinations are now available.
- Students living in India will book their examinations through Anitaelise Piano Studio.
- Students living out of India will book their examination directly and enter details of Anitaelise Piano Studio in the ‘presented by’ or ‘teacher details’ field. They will send me a PDF image of their report and certificate afterwards.
Please remember that what sounds wonderful to a student may be just ‘barely ready’ with a lot of rough edges that need to be sorted out with further practise. Students will therefore need my approval before they participate in any music events or public performances.
Rules For In-Studio Events
- Students will use the teaching premises and pianos with care and food and liquids will be kept away from the pianos, and any studio equipment.
- Students will stay in the teaching room unless they need to use the washroom. The rest of the premises is private and children are not allowed to explore it.
- Children will be accompanied by their parents and parents will be responsible for the conduct of their children within the studio/event premises.
- Covid appropriate guidelines will apply if they are notified by local authorities.
- Please use mild deodorants and perfumes for any in-studio events and refrain from spraying your clothes with perfume, as I am allergic to strong perfume.
What Your Fees Pay For
Fees cover the following:
- Lesson fees for 3 Solo Lessons a month. Extra lessons and in-studio or online community events in the schedule are not charged.
- Access to Studio-Licensed Digital Materials and Resources that I purchase for the use of my students.
Fees do not cover anything other than what is listed above. The cost of books other than the digital resources mentioned above, and fees for examinations, in-person workshops and events conducted by me, or events at external venues, are additional costs and will be borne by the student.
- Fees can be paid via NEFT or via Google Pay only.
- Receipts are emailed to the student in one working day.
- Mid-Quarter Enrolments – fees will be pro-rated based on the number of months.
- All fees and payments received are Non-Refundable. They are based on enrolment – not attendance – and they reserve your lesson slot.
- I reserve the right to stop lessons immediately for any reason I think fit, and in this case will refund fees for lessons I do not teach if they have been paid for.
Fee Due Dates
|Teaching Quarter||Fee Due Date||Last Payment Date||Late Payments Due Date *|
|January-March||December 10th||December 15th||December 21st|
|April-June||March 10th||March 15th||March 21st|
|July-September||June 10th||June 15th||June 21st|
|October-December||September 10th||September 15th||September 21st|
Terms for the use of Studio Licensed Music and Resources, and Teaching Materials
- Any music, materials and resources I provide to my students, whether in printed or digital form, or by way of access to apps and websites, are provided for the use of my students only, for their use in piano lessons and piano practise, for the duration of learning with me only.
- Any teaching materials I provide to my students, whether in music sheets or in videos, are provided for the use of my students only, for their use in piano lessons and piano practise, for the duration of learning with me only.
- Circulating any of the above resources or using them for any other purpose is strictly prohibited.
- The act of accepting these resources when I provide them binds my students legally to the terms under which I provide them.
Aside from the above, abiding by these terms and using legal music, materials and resources helps composers earn.
Deemed Acceptance of This Policy
Fees are accepted under the above policy only. Therefore any fee payment is deemed to be an acceptance of this policy.
A warm welcome to Anitaelise Piano Studio!
I hope my teaching helps you experience the joy that comes from learning.
Anita Elise Kohli – Piano Teacher, Educator & Lifelong Piano Student.