- Arrive at class on time. Leave home budgeting time for traffic jams and other delays, so you walk in relaxed. You will learn better.
- Take all your books to class – that includes your homework book & theory book. Check you’ve not left your books on the piano keyboard at home before you leave for class.
- Carry your reading glasses/spectacles with you.
- Attend class or remember to reschedule if you need to miss. Else you will not get a make-up class.
- Leave a little extra time in your daily schedule so there’s time when you need flex or just want to relax a little in between. Practise needs to be done with a relaxed frame of mind to be really effective.
- Practise – don’t just play. Practise daily.
- Play games or enroll in a sports class for exercise. Getting enough physical activity improves focus.
- Pack all your books up after class and make sure you take them home.
- Read your homework book when you practise and follow your teacher’s instructions.
- Set a practise schedule with a choice of 2 or 3 practise slots, so you can change your practise time to suit your moods
- Play for your family, and participate in student concerts whenever you get an opportunity.
- Play a little to relax even on busy days.
- Did I say practise daily? Yes, that’s the most important thing to do.